Her new book Drawing for Health and Wellbeing, published by Emerald Publishing is rooted in her PhD on drawing for thinking, Curie presents research on the substantial value of drawing for health, healthcare and improving wellbeing followed up with ways to practically engage with drawing. She is an acclaimed thought-leader, facilitator, presenter, and writer on creative approaches to think through complexity.
Curie trained as a medical doctor, taught for 18 years in Higher Education and now is freelance. She is active on social media and has enjoyed being on radio and television.
- Senior Fellowship status with the Higher Education Academy / AdvanceHE
- Embodiment Coach (31.5 hours International Coaching Federation credits; Embodiment Limited)
- Strengths Deployment Inventory facilitator
- Medical doctor (Kings College London)
- International Advisory Board Member of the International Health Humanities Network
- Peer reviewer (Studies in Higher Education, Bloomsbury Publishing)
“Curie is an exceptional coach: she has the ability to listen intently, to register all the details, and to then cut through to the truth. She’s extremely perceptive, intelligent, respectful and kind – and has really helped me with bringing some order into my thinking. Where I had a sense of fear and confusion before, I now feel excited again about my future, and I know what my next steps are towards a brighter, more fulfilled time in my life.”
Further Education Lecturer